June 27, 2009 Run for Logan

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Running (Week 12) February 2-8th

"Everyone has the desire to win, but only champions have the desire to prepare."
Author Unknown

This has been a big week. A big week of running, purchasing, running to forget purchasing, then running some more! Well.....we did it, we put in an offer on a condo here in CA. It was an emotionally trying week. Ups and downs, offers and counter offers....yet here we are... 20 miles later and one condo in the process of being purchased! I am so excited, nervous, nervous and nervous. This week running has saved my life. It is getting easier , the running. I have started to play games with myself on the treadmill...for example, trying to guess how many different people will start and stop on the treadmill next to me before I end my run. How many times I will get through the Frightened Rabbit album before I am done. What can I say, it makes time go faster! Check out my week:

Monday: 3 miles (feeling good!)
Tuesday: 5 miles (ain't no thang!)
Wednesday: 0 miles (needing my sleep!)
Thursday: 5 miles (the miles are adding up!)
Friday: 0 miles (I know, I know!)
Saturday: 7 miles (one Hammer Gel later!)
Sunday: 0 miles

Weekly Total: 20 miles
Total Training Miles: 147 miles, 135 minutes of swim

Neuroblastoma Fact #8: Children under the age of 1 have a cure rate as high as 90%.

Thanks for your support! :) Sarah


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you're a runner when you start playing the treadmill games. Have you noticed people trying to sneek a peak at your display to see your pace, distance, time, etc.?

I always love it when someone gets on the treadmill trying to look all cool and I catch them looking at my display like it's a competition or something. Then 20 minutes later they are winded and done.

February 19, 2009 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger RunSeattle said...

Do I notice people looking at my treadmill....it is me who is looking at other people's treadmills! I think I actually got it into a race with a girl next to me once. We kept looking at eachother's speed, kept increasing our speed- I think she won. My birthday is Friday and I am now an old lady.... she was younger and faster...but at least I tried! :) Sarah

February 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home