June 27, 2009 Run for Logan

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Running (Week 3) Nov. 24-30th


"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"

- Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian and sub-2:12 marathoner


A moment of honesty- I have been a wimp. It is true that I am not proud of myself, and that my legs hurt so much that small tasks seem large... I know that I am supposed to be increasing in mileage and speed....but this week was not a week of champions. Too much turkey and midnight shopping.... Here it is- honest and ugly- welcome to week 3:


Monday: 3 miles (Looked like the start to a beautiful week)

Tuesday: 0 miles (well shoot, someone has to be getting ready for the holiday!)

Wednesday: 0 miles (let me take a minute to reiterate- WIMP!!!)

Thursday: 5 miles (Anticipating a lot of holiday food today- best to be prepared!)

Friday: 5 miles (Trying to reach my goal of 15 miles this week)

Saturday: 0 miles (eeek!)

Sunday: 0 miles (even the inspirational saying taped to the bathroom mirror isn't helping!)
Weekly Total: 13 miles (yeah, yeah.... I am disappointed in myself!)
Total Training Miles: 40 miles
Great job Logan- 100% on your spelling test!!!! (Please see photo of Logan with his mom Kelly)

Neuroblastoma Fact #3: The cause of neuroblastoma is unclear. Some researchers believe that a tendency to develop neuroblastoma runs in certain families


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home