June 27, 2009 Run for Logan

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Running (Week 1) Nov. 10-16th



"Good things come slow - especially in distance running."

- Bill Dellinger, Oregon coach



Bill Dellinger must have been in the gym with me this week. . . I would like to emphasize the word SLOW! 15 miles in one week is not a lofty goal..... but.... coming from someone who just emerged from her workout retirement.... it has been ugly!!!! Needless to say, I did not meet my 15 miles goal, but I reached 12 miles- and I am proud of myself! If you talk to my friend Marian she would say.." it is your first week back, never start a sentence with "I only did..'" -please note, this is coming from someone who I think inspired olympic athletes...and if not, she at least got me off the couch! Take a look at week one:

Monday- 3 miles (lots of heavy breathing!)
Tuesday- 3 miles (my lungs don't know what is going on!)
Wednesday- Rest (on accident- shut the alarm off in my sleep...I am so talented!)
Thursday- 3 miles (getting a little easier!)
Friday- no miles (intentional rest day, this body is hurting!)
Saturday- 3 miles (making up for my alarm incident!)
Weekly Total: 12 miles
Total Training Miles: 12 miles

Every morning when the alarm goes off....my husband says "Run for Logan".....motivation to get out of bed! Thanks Logan!!!

Neuroblastoma Fact #1: Did you know that 50% of Neuroblastoma cases occur in children younger than two years old? - Check out Wikipedia's definition of Neuroblastoma by clicking on the hyperlink "Running (week 1) Nov. 10-16th"


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am about to come out of my working out hybernation too! ~Annie

November 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Sarah!!! Keep going!!!

November 21, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home