June 27, 2009 Run for Logan

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Running (Week 8) Jan 5th- 11th

"Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any"
-Anthony Bailey

Alright....alright! This is a week of champions! I officially started the first week of my training calendar ... I have finished the "Build a Base" through Runners World, and am on to the biggest challenge.... the calendar of dread! Surprisingly, it has been just what I needed.... I have made a few adjustments to the first week (not in distance, but in the days I am doing the workouts) due to my work schedule. Here it is.... Running (Week 8):


Monday: 0 miles (worked late, training for new job)
Tuesday: 5 miles (making up for Monday)...a little ugly, but I made it! :)
Wednesday: 3 miles (getting easier!!!!!)
Thursday: 30 minute swim (...and the cross training begins!)
Friday: 2 miles + 30 minute swim (my poor body aches!)
Saturday: 4 miles + 30 minute swim (the pain doesn't phase me now!!)
Sunday: 0 miles (rest, rest, rest!!!)

Weekly Total: 14 miles + 90 minutes of Swim
Total Training Miles: 89 miles + 90 minutes of swim
Logan continues to do well. He recently went in for MIBG scans as well as a bone marrow aspiration. The MIBG scans came in negative, and they expect the results from the aspiration shortly. Hang in there Logan, we are thinking of you!!
Neuroblastoma Fact #5: In some children, Neuroblastoma starts before birth. In these cases doctors are not able to diagnose it until the tumors grow large enough to to be felt.




















2 Comments:

Blogger Who is Logan Lewis.... said...

Keep up the great work! Logan said he runs a lot at recess.

January 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logan is so sooo cute!!! It has been really great having this connection with you guys! I am so sorry to hear about Ben. I didnt know him personally but really felt like I did. I cant imagine what the family is going through. Thanks for all of the support!

January 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home